The Florida Space Grant Consortium currently runs several different types of programs. For most of the programs, a faculty from a FSGC affiliated college or university has to submit a proposal requesting funds for projects. For most of the programs, the funding is competitive like the fellowship and research program, internships at NASA centers or industry.
- All request for funds exceeding $2000 require 1:1 matching, except for the fellowship program. This matching must be from non-federal funds and can be either in-kind or cash.
- Please note that except for the Florida Space Research Program, indirect costs are disallowed.
- Only US citizens are allowed to receive direct support from FSGC. Non-US citizens can be the Principal Investigator for a project but cannot get any direct support from FSGC funds. Direct support includes stipends, salaries and travel funds.
If you are requesting funds for a program other than the fellowship and the Florida Space Research Program, please submit the following cover page along with your proposal
unsolicited proposal cover page
FSGC’s Fellowship Program is open only to graduate students enrolled for a Master’s or Ph.D program in a Florida university or college. The purpose of the fellowship program is to provide a prestigious instrument to reward and attract the best and brightest. We are discontinuing with the 3-year doctoral fellowships and the 2-year Masters Fellowship. Instaed, we are introducing anew program called the Dissertation and Thesis Improvement Fellowship
The purpose of our Higher Education programs is to provide opportunities for undergraduate students from throughout Florida to become actively involved in ongoing research programs.
The Florida Space Grant Consortium has a long history of supporting exciting scientific research. With the sponsorship of Space Florida (present) and the Florida Space Research Institute (in the past), we have funded projects from across the entire space spectrum and we continue to diversify each and every year. These research endeavors combine the efforts of professors, students, and researchers in projects of true intellectual merit. Learn more about the research we have supported, view successful proposals, and even apply for the funding of your own research.
FSGC and Space Florida are sponsoring 2 research programs. The first one is the Florida Space Research Program and the other is the FSGC/SF-KSC Technology and Commercialization Development Program.
Click on the links to get information and instructions to submit proposals.
1. 2016 Florida Space Research Program
2. 2016 FSGC/SF-KSC Technology Development Program
The Florida Space Grant Consortium currently runs several different types of programs.
FSGC conducts a number of public outreach programs. Please go to our public outreach page for a description of the programs.