Sponsored by the NASA Florida Space Grant Consortium, with support from Space Florida
Next workshop dates : TBD
The NASA Florida Space Grant Consortium invites undergraduates and graduates registered at any Florida college or university to attend a 5-day Workshop at the Kennedy Space Center. The Workshop is open only to U.S. citizens,
The Workshop encourages students to advance their education goals while assisting their entry into the space/science workplace. Students participate in stimulating science and math activities and are offered exciting opportunities to meet key employers and scientists from the Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) workforce. A challenging workshop itinerary provides the students with real world science and engineering projects. Under the supervision of Dr. Larry Chew (FSGC) and Mr. Bob Eppig (FSGC) they develop problem solving skills –a necessary function for cutting-edge technology and development. Applications are now being accepted for this 5-day space workshop at the Center for Space Education, Kennedy Space Center (KSC).
Space Florida will provide logistical support to the program. This includes badging, and NASA KSC tours.
Workshop activities (may vary depending on KSC scheduling and timelines):
- Build and test payloads for scientific weather balloons
- Design stabilization capabilities for the payload on the scientific, weather balloon
- On-Site NASA education visits to key KSC installations
- Tour Historic Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo Launch Sites
- Learn about Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Participate in Q&A sessions with leading KSC and CCAFS employers and scientists
Qualifications: U.S. Citizenship
NASA FSGC/Space FloridaWorkshop details
- The Workshops are held at the Center for Space Education Labs, Kennedy Space Center
- Workshop Date: TBD
- Participants bring their own lunch
- There is no cost for workshop and shared hotel accommodations to accepted applicants
- Online application process
- Application due date is TBD
- Direct any and all questions to Dr. Jaydeep Mukherjee at email@example.com, Tel 321-452-4301 ext 2
- Due to KSC regulations, there is a dress code enforcement policy and a security background check to be completed for all accepted applicants
- Open application policy
To apply; go to the following link, login (please register, if you have not registered before), click on “Student Workshop”, fill out the form, and upload the required documents.