ASA Scholarship Opportunity
Applications for ASA Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 are currently being accepted. Applicants must be an entering sophomore or junior in an undergraduate degree program pursuing study in the areas of physical sciences, engineering, or aviation or aerospace related fields. For more information and to apply, visit http://aerostates.org/education/scholarships.
An integral part of the mission of the Aerospace States Association (ASA) is to:
…support and develop initiatives that significantly enhance student and
teacher education in space and aeronautics and increases the number of
students in the pipeline.
In light of that component of the mission statement, ASA established two
scholarships that are generously funded by Rockwell Collins. The terms and
conditions are as follows:
• A $2,000 ASA scholarship, to be competed for, and awarded annually to up to
two students pursuing an aerospace-related education.
• The scholarship/s shall be available each year. The student can only win once.
• The Education Committee of ASA will administer the scholarship competition.
• The ASA delegate/alternate from each member state shall publicize the
scholarship through the state’s aerospace-related institutions of higher
learning, career centers, and/or other appropriate entities.
• The candidate’s application for the scholarship shall include community-related
activities, school-related activities, grade point average, field of study and
an official transcript. An academic-based, personal letter of
recommendation shall also accompany the application. These documents
shall be sent to the attention of the ASA Education Committee Chair at the
address on the application form for review.
• The applicant may only be an entering sophomore or junior in an
undergraduate degree program pursuing study in the areas of physical
sciences, engineering, or aviation or aerospace related fields.
• Scholarship candidate’s application should be submitted to the ASA Education
Committee Chair by April 30th of each year.
• The scholarship would be made available for the fall school term of the year
• The scholarship shall be awarded in the form of a check made out to the
scholarship awardee/awardees appropriate school, and it shall be
understood that the funds are for tuition and books only.
• The ASA member state of the recipient shall consider staging a presentation of
the scholarship in the recipient’s state with the presence of the ASA
representative/organization and the Lt. Governor, where applicable.
The scholarship application and submission instructions can be found on the
ASA website: www.aerostates.org under the Education tab.