The Florida Space Grant Consortium currently runs several different types of programs. For most of the programs, a faculty from a FSGC affiliated college or university has to submit a proposal requesting funds for projects. For most of the programs, the funding is competitive like the fellowship and research program, internships at NASA centers or industry.
- All request for funds exceeding $2000 require 50% matching, except for the fellowship program. This matching must be from non-federal funds and can be either in-kind or cash.
- Based on the indirect cost rate requested by FSGC from our prime sponsor, NASA, all proposals under this RFP will carry the flow down indirect cost rate of 10% (to be calculated on total direct cost). Once UCF receives the base FSGC award, Master agreements(s) will be executed between UCF, acting on behalf of FSGC, and each affiliate member institution. The executed Master Agreement will be the base document for all awards received by your institution from FSGC via the respective project specific Task Orders to be executed for each awarded project.Flow-down clauses in the Master Agreement, amongst others, will include restriction on indirect cost to 10% of total direct cost, no other administrative costs, except for indirect cost, will be supported by UCF funds and foregone overhead may be used by your institution to meet mandatory cost share requirements. Support for these projects are solely from the NASA Florida Space Grant Consortium and Space Florida.
- Only US citizens are allowed to receive direct support from FSGC. Non-US citizens can be the Principal Investigator for a project but cannot get any direct support from FSGC funds. Direct support includes stipends, salaries and travel funds.
All direct funded participants (students and faculty) and those receiving significant awards (≥160 contact hours and/or ≥$5,000) must be U.S. citizens.
If you are requesting funds for a program other than the Fellowship Programs, Florida Space Research Program, and Senior Design and NASA Competitions, please submit the following cover page along with your proposal
2020-21 Deadlines for various Programs
Florida Space Research Program – May 22, 2020
2019 FSGC/SF-KSC Technology Development Program – May 22, 2020
Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Fellowships – May 22, 2020
Masters Fellowship Program – May 22, 2020
Hybrid Rocket Competition – September 2020 (Actual date to be decided at the end of summer of 2020)
Senior Design and NASA Competitions – All year around
FSGC’s Fellowship Program is open only to graduate students enrolled for a Master’s or Ph.D program in a Florida university or college. The purpose of the fellowship program is to provide a prestigious instrument to reward and attract the best and brightest. The fellows have to be a US citizen. Permanent residents are not eligible.
The purpose of our Higher Education programs is to provide opportunities for undergraduate students from throughout Florida to become actively involved in ongoing research programs.
The Florida Space Grant Consortium has a long history of supporting scientific research. With the sponsorship of Space Florida (present) and the Florida Space Research Institute (in the past), we have funded projects from across the entire space spectrum and we continue to diversify each and every year. These research endeavors combine the efforts of professors, students, and researchers in projects of true intellectual merit. Learn more about the research we have supported, view successful proposals, and even apply for the funding of your own research.
FSGC and Space Florida are sponsoring 2 research programs. The first one is the Florida Space Research Program and the other is the FSGC/SF-KSC Technology and Commercialization Development Program.
Click on the links to get information and instructions to submit proposals.
1. 2020 Florida Space Research Program (Proposals due: May 22, 2020)
2. 2020 FSGC/SF-KSC Technology Development Program (Proposals due: May 22, 2020)
The Florida Space Grant Consortium currently runs several different types of programs.
FSGC conducts a number of public outreach programs. Please go to our public outreach page for a description of the programs.