2008 ESMD Summer Internship at 4Frontiers Corporation
Joint partnership between 4Frontiers Corporation, the Florida Space Grant Consortium
A Summer internship program, in which undergraduates from all over the state attend a 10-week summer internship to experience real world research, on the job training.
3 students will be selected and paid $6000 each for a 10 week program. The $6000 is to pay for the student’s housing, food and transportation. They will intern at the 4Frontiers office at New Port Richey, FL. Students will work for 10 weeks with NASA and Contractor Mentors to obtain experience in the field. Students must make their own private or hotel accommodations for the 10 week period. Students are also responsible for their own transportation.
Students are expected to consider this internship as full time and therefore should not be attending summer classes.
All successful candidates will be self starters, organized, and articulate. They must be able to communicate their ideas and concepts effectively via both speaking & technical writing. They must be able to work well – both with a team and independently. Most importantly, the successful candidate must be enthusiastic about 4Frontiers’ mission and be willing to work hard to assist the company in its efforts to open the space frontier. Preference will be given to those students who are available to work out of 4Frontiers’ New Port Richey office.
The NASA Florida Space Grant Consortium, through funding from NASA, will support 3 Florida undergraduates or graduate students(US Citizens only) as interns at 4Frontiers, FL for the summer of 2008.
- All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a Florida university are eligible for the internships
- Open to US Citizens only.
- 4Frontiers will make the final selection.
- Florida Space Grant will pay a stipend of $6000 directly to the student.
- The internship will be for 10 weeks beginning in June, 2008
- All interested students should send a cover letter indicating their areas of interest and describing why they would like to work with 4Frontiers, a copy of their transcript, at least one letter of recommendation, and their resume to:
Dr. Jaydeep Mukherjee
Florida Space Grant Consortium
Center for Space Education
Building M6-306, Room 7010
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899The application package should reach the FSGC office by March 31, 2008. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.