Space & Aeronautics Internships
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER INTERNSHIPS (SUMMER 2013)
This year we ask all Florida students to apply through the NASA OSSI: SOLAR website for internships at the Kennedy Space Center. The website is
The Summer 2013 internship application is open from November 1, 2012 to March 15, 2013.
FSGC will support 7 to 10 students from Florida universities as interns at the Kennedy Space Center this summer. All students have to be US citizens and enrolled in a Florida university or College.
The Space & Aeronautics Internship Program (SAIP) is an intern placement program sponsored by the Florida Space Grant Consortium (FSGC). The goal is to recruit high quality undergraduate and graduate students attending Florida universities and colleges for internship placement at the Kennedy Space Center, with NASA and contractors, and in industry throughout Florida.
- Florida undergraduates & graduates may apply for a 10-week, paid summer internship at KSC; each successful applicant will receive a $5000 stipend for their participation.
- Students must apply through the OSSI:SOLAR website (http://intern.nasa.gov). FSGC will support 7 to 10 students from Florida. KSC will make the final selection
- Students must take care of their own private accommodations for the internship and are also responsible for their own transportation.
- Students are expected to consider this internship as full time and therefore should not be attending summer classes.
- The internship stipends will be paid directly to the students by the NASA / FSGC.
- Each intern and KSC/industry mentor will be expected to submit a work experience report to at the conclusion of the program.
KSC Research Areas
- Fluid System Technologies
- Spaceport Structures and Materials
- Process and Human Factors Engineering
- Command, Control and Monitoring Technologies
- Range Technologies
- Biological Sciences
- Apply January 2013.
- Application deadline March 15, 2013.
- All undergraduate & graduate students must be enrolled in a Florida university to be eligible for internships.
- Open to US Citizens only.
- KSC mentors will make the final selection.
- NASA / FSGC will pay a stipend of $5000 directly to the students, ($4000) upon commencing the internship and the balance after 8 weeks.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks
- If you have any questions please contact:
Florida Space Grant Consortium
2013 KSC Summer Interns
|ANTHONY GAROFALO (UCF)||“Fluid Vessel Quantity using Non-Invasive PZT Technology Flight Volume measurements under Zero-G analysis” under the guidance of Dr. Rudolph Werlink.|
|ARUN SUBBIAH (UFL)||“Systems Engineering for Science Payload Development” under the guidance of Dr. Nicole Dufour.|
|BRITTANY MOTT (USF)||“Cryogenics and Propulsion branch” under the guidance of Dr. Carlos Estrada.|
|VRAJEN PATEL (UCF)||“Development of a prototype algal reactor for removing CO2 from cabin air” under the guidance of Dr. Oscar Monje Mejia.|
|ALEJANDRA DOMINGUEZ (FIT)||“KSC Swamp Works” under the guidance of Mr. Robert Mueller.|
|ANTHONY DEFILLIPO (Brevard Community College)||“KSC Swamp Works” under the guidance of Mr. Robert Mueller.|
2012 KSC Interns
Paige Attaway University of Florida
Robert Feldges Florida Gulf Coast University
Karl Hewling Florida A&M University
Lili Moots University of Central Florida
Khadijah Ransom Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Jasmine Rutledge Bethune-Cookman University
David Thorpe Florida State University
Laura Seward University of Central Florida